I wanted to make some seasonal, fall-type cookies to bring to a meeting I had the next day. I also wanted to use our new cookie press. So, I opened the box, hoping it would have a pumpkin die and it did! I found a recipe in the instruction/recipe booklet that came with the cookie press for Apple Butter Cinnamon Cookies. I didn't have apple butter, but did have pumpkin butter, and since I was making them into the shape of pumpkins it seemed like a perfect substitution. Next time though, I would not make it an even substitution. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup apple butter and 1/2 cup butter. If I were to do pumpkin butter again I'd do 1/4 cup pumpkin butter, 3/4 cup butter.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Spritz
adapted from Wilton Cookie Master Plus Recipe Booklet
1/2 cup pumpkin butter
1/2 butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream apple butter, butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolk, vanilla, cinnamon and mix.
- Add flour and mix just until blended.
- Put dough into cookie press, using desired disk, press shapes onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet on colling rack. Remove from cookie sheet and continue to cool on rack.