This is a recipe from my mom. It's basically a version of the ever popular taco dip. It was one of the most requested meals by me and my sister growing up.
from my mom
1 pound ground beef (You can also use turkey.)
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 can refried beans (I use the fat free, spicy kind.)
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (One of the Mexican blends would work too.)
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1 cup sour cream
2 green onions, sliced
2 tomatoes, diced
- Brown meat, adding taco seasoning according to package directions.
- Spread beans in bottom of casserole dish, cover with cooked and seasoned meat.
- Pour soup over meat, sprinkle with shredded cheese, then olives.
- Cook in microwave on high for 15 minutes on until cheese melts and mixture is bubbly.
- Place sour cream over cheese, top with green onions and tomatoes.