It is also filled with using things up from the freezer. When I was assigned Living Lou's blog for this month's Secret Recipe Club I was excited by many of the delicious looking breakfast recipes on her blog -- the cinnamon pancakes and muffin donuts being at the top of my list. But, when it came time to actually pick a recipe I went with one that best fit my meal plan for the week. I had a package of ravioli in the freezer to use up and wanted some garlic bread to go with it and I remembered this recipe from Lou and it was delicious!! It used up a bunch of cheese I already had on hand, a few scallions I had and a jar of crushed garlic that I wasn't planning on taking with us to the new place. So this was a great recipe at the perfect time. It was crispy, crunchy, creamy and garlic-y without being over powering. I only made a few changes, scaling down the recipe a bit for my smaller loaf of bread. It was a fabulous complement to the ravioli -- side note, if you live near a Trader Joe's definitely try their Beef Bolognese ravioli - so yummy!
Cheesy Garlic Bread
from Living Lou
1 loaf of bread, I used a small batard
2 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup mayonnaise
4 tablespoons softened butter
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 cups grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the green onions, mayo, softened butter, garlic and pepper. Once the mixture reaches a consistent texture add in the cheese and stir to combine.
- Cut the loaf of bread lengthwise.
- Spread half the butter and cheese mixture on the top half of the bread and half the mixture on the bottom half of the bread.
- Place the bread on a sheet pan and bake for 7-10 minutes, until the top gets browned and bubbly.
- Let bread rest for a few minutes, then cut into slices and serve!