Roasted Vegetables & Pasta
2 Peppers (I used green, but red, orange or yellow would be great as well)
1 medium Onion
3 tablespoons Olive Oil (plus some for brushing on veggies)
3-4 cloves Garlic
5 Plum Tomatoes
1/2 box Pasta (I used whole wheat Rotini, but any works just fine)
4-6 oz. cubed fresh mozzarella (smoked would be yummy too)
1-2 tablespoon(s) Fresh Basil
- Preheat oven to 450. Start water for pasta.
- Slice eggplant in 1/4-1/2 inch rounds. Cut peppers into quarters. Slice onion into 1/4 inch rounds. Spread vegetables out on baking sheets. Brush with olive oil and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Flip over and repeat on other side.
- Roast about 10 minutes, turn vegetable over and roast 10 minutes on opposite sides.
- When water comes to a boil, salt and add pasta.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add in 3-4 cloves of minced garlic. Let saute.
- De-seed 5 plum tomatoes and cut into strips. Add to olive oil and garlic. Saute one minute, then turn off heat. Add in chopped basil.
- When the vegetables are roasted, remove from oven, let cool 1-2 minutes and roughly chop into bite-size pieces.
- To a large bowl add oil/garlic/tomatoes and roasted vegetables. Add in pasta after cooked and drained. Add in mozzarella and toss all to combine.