foodie 1


Monday, May 18, 2009

Jenna Dip

My family calls this Jenna Dip. I think it's actualy name is Tiger Sauce Dip. We call it Jenna Dip because the recipe came from my sister's friend Jenna. It started as people asking, "Hey, can you make that dip that Jenna made?" and quickly evolved into just, "Hey, let's make Jenna Dip." It's delicious and gets better as it sits. I'd recommend making it at least 24-48 hours before serving. There's always a lot of liquid left over, which makes a great salad dressing.  My grocery store has Tiger Sauce in the ketchup section.



Jenna Dip

1 can shoepeg corn
1 can blackeyed peas
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 medium onion
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons tiger sauce

Directions:
  • Drain and rinse corn and black eyed peas.
  • Dice peppers and onion.
  • Whisk together sugar, oil, vinegar and tiger sauce. 
  • Combine everything in one bowl.  

No comments: