foodie 1


Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ranch Crackers

These are a party staple in my family. My mom has been making them for years for every family gathering. Well, I'd say most of the years if I was home I was the one baking them. They are so yummy and totally addictive. I don't even have the recipe in my possession, I have it memorized. I'm pretty sure it first came from an advertisement for Hidden Valley Ranch. I found this one on their website, but it is not the one I remember learning. The original, as I remember it, included garlic powder and dill weed. Since mastering the basic recipe I've modified it over and over again to fit our tastes. This is my most common variation.


Ranch Crackers
adapted from Hidden Valley Ranch

1 bag oyster crackers
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 packet ranch salad dressing mix
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Directions:
  • Heat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Pour oyster crackers in a 13x9 pan.
  • Whisk together oil, dressing mix and garlic powder.
  • Pour over crackers and mix well, coating all crackers.
  • Bake for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through.

Seriously, could it get any easier? I also usually throw in a few shakes of either a seasoned salt or Goya's Adobo seasoning. If I'm craving some spice, just one shake of cayenne pepper.

No comments: