foodie 1


Monday, May 2, 2011

Cookbook of the Month: May 2011

This month I am picking a cookbook we recently got on a weekend trip.  We went to Washington, Virginia and stayed at the Foster Harris House.  It was a great bed and breakfast, the highlight of which was a four course breakfast!  I planned the trip as a surprise getaway for the 5th anniversary of our first date.  Washington is about an hour and a half away from our house, so we left mid-afternoon, stopped at a few wineries along the way and then arrived at the Foster Harris House.  I picked Washington so we could have dinner at the fabulous Inn at Little Washington.  We've seen it on the Travel Channel and knew of it's prestigious reputation.  It is often ranked on lists of the top restaurants in the country and even the world.  It was absolutely phenomenal, exceeding our expectations, which were high to begin with!  It's definitely one of the top three meals I've ever had, ranking up there with our Table 21 experience at VOLT and a tasting menu at Graham Eliot

One of the best parts of our stay was getting to take this cookbook home with us!  I added it to my collection, close to 60 cookbooks now, and it's gotten some use so far!  I'll be sharing a few recipes over the course of the month, and hope to recreate our four course breakfast as well!


No comments: