foodie 1


Sunday, April 18, 2010

Caesar Club Sandwich: Barefoot Bloggers

This is the second recipe in March for the Barefoot Bloggers.  I made these for a Sunday lunch.  They were super, and since the recipe made four sandwiches we had some leftover for a few lunches during the week.  They only got better as the week went on.  The only change I really made was to use sun-dried tomatoes not packed on oil, just the regular ones in the bag.  I also used boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I sauteed on the stove top in olive oil.  I loved the caesar dressing in the recipe.  We had some leftover and used it to make a wrap later in the week.  It was salty, garlicy and just delicious.  I did make one other change, which was to use my local grocery store's whole wheat ciabatta rolls instead of a loaf of bread.  They were very good sandwiches and I'd definitely make them again.  Every few months we like to visit a few local wineries and take a picnic lunch along to eat at one of our stops, these sandwiches would be great to take along!




chosen by Karen of Shortbread

No comments: