foodie 1


Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cookbook of the Month: April 2011

I haven't had a cookbook of the month in awhile.  I started it last year sometime then as life got busy it got abandoned.  But I'm bringing it back. Just call me Justin Timberlake. 


So for April 2011 my cookbook of the month will be America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook. I was super excited when this cookbook showed up in stores.  I buy most of my books at Costco -- it's almost impossible for me to leave there without a book.  We've recently acquired an iPad though so I think my physical books purchases will be declining in favor of ebook purchases. Not cookbooks though; I suspect I will always buy those in actual book form.  But, when I saw that the newest ATK book included nutritional information I was quite excited.  That was my biggest complaint about their products for awhile -- obviously not a major gripe since I'm still a subscriber and managed to procure all back issues to make a complete set of Cook's Illustrated editions.  But, since I knew that science is a main tenant of their recipe creation I always wondered why they didn't include nutrition info in their recipes.  I figured for a publication as into food science as they are it was surprising that they would not include those statistics.  


Anyway, this book solved that problem so I bought it immediately.  We've enjoyed just about everything we've made out of it and we've barely scratched the surface.  Look for at least three recipes this month from America's Test Kitchen's Healthy Family Cookbook.



No comments: