These are one of Zach's favorite cookies and a must-bake at Christmas every year. They are fabulous right out of the oven and still amazing when cooled. I think I found the original recipe on Allrecipes.com a few years ago now.
Chocolate Caramel Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/3 cup cocoa powder
Several tablespoons sugar (for rolling)
1 regular size bag of Rolo candies
- Cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet while mixing. Beat well, until combined.
- Chill dough 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unwrap Rolo candies.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of dough and flatten out, put one Rolo in center and then form dough into a ball around candy.
- Roll balls in sugar, place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes.