foodie 1


Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Operation Baking Gals

When I saw Operation Baking GALS posted on Beantown Baker's blog I knew I wanted to participate.  The holidays are coming up and I wanted to send some delicious treats to a soldier and his friends.  Also, it was a great way to try a few cookie recipes that had caught my eye without having to eat all the cookies myself!  Zach helped me with quite a bit of the baking.  We made peanut butter cookies, double chocolate cookies, chocolate chip cookie bars, beef jerky, and ranch crackers.  I also picked up some Halloween candy to send off -- Skittles, Starburst and mini Oreoes.    The recipes for the peanut butter cookies and double chocolate cookies will be up soon, they were both absolutely fantastic.  We hope Ryan and his friends enjoyed the treats!

No comments: