foodie 1


Monday, May 3, 2010

Goulash Burgers

I found this recipe in my file of recipes I've cut out of magazines and newspapers.  We had some ground turkey and were in the mood for burgers so off I went to search my files!  This one stood out to me because of the smoked paprika.  It was delicious!  A great way to add lots of flavor to a dish.  I modified the recipe a bit, leaving out the dill (we don't like it) and some of the toppings.  So, it's not necessarily a goulash burger anymore, but it was very good!  I also scaled down the amount of sauce.  It originally called for a whole cup of sour cream.  Even using half a cup we had a ton leftover that we used as a dip for cucumbers, but I find that in general Rachael Ray recipes tend to make large amounts of food, this was no exception. 





Goulash Burgers
4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:
  •    1½ pounds ground chicken
  •    3 scallions, finely chopped
  •    Flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped (a generous handful)
  •    2 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika (2/3 palmful)
  •    Salt and freshly ground pepper
  •    2 jarred roasted red peppers, patted dry
  •    1/2 cup sour cream 
  •    1 small shallot, finely chopped
  •    4 individual brioche or eggy rolls, split

Directions:

   1. Place the ground chicken in a bowl with the scallions, parsley and paprika; season with salt and pepper. Combine the mixture with a fork and form into four 1-inch-thick patties.
   2. Grill burgers, 6 minutes on each side.
   3. Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Place the red peppers, sour cream and shallot in a food processor. Process until smooth, about 20 seconds. Transfer to a small dish.
   4. Spread the rolls with the red pepper sauce. Assemble burgers.

No comments: