foodie 1


Friday, May 14, 2010

Raisin Pecan Oatmeal Cookies: Barefoot Bloggers

The first selection of April for Barefoot Bloggers was Raisin Pecan Oatmeal Cookies.  I'll admit I was a little disappointed since I do not like raisins or pecans.  I thought about doing a chocolate chip version with the oatmeal cookie base; but, when I showed the recipe to Zach he seemed pretty excited about them.  So, I decided to make them as is, and just not eat any.  We had my mom and grandparents coming into town for a weekend visit, so I made them then so Zach wasn't stuck with a ton of cookies to eat either.  I did eat some of the dough as I was making them and it was very good.  I did find that the recipe made a crazy amount of cookies though.  I only have one cookie scoop, so maybe it's on the small side, but the recipe said 30-35 and I got over 50.  I sent some home with my mom and grandparents, and even took some to my sister's store for her to share with co-workers.  I have learned to half all of Ina's dessert recipes in the future!  Unfortunately, making these as my mom and grandparents walked in the door, I never got a picture, but here is the link...



1 comment:

Leslie said...

I'm glad they were enjoyed! And you're right, the recipe made a LOT of cookies. Thanks for giving them a try!